Location: Port Jervis, New York
The Materials Tech II coordinates receiving and distribution of materials hospital wide, and acts as liaison with departmental staff to ensure adequate supply of equipment and materials on nursing and specialized units. The Materials Tech II provides guidance to receiving staff, researches and resolves problems with materials or deliveries, responds to urgent or changing supply and equipment needs, and acts as liaison with vendors to resolve discrepancies with deliveries and order modifications.T
- Reviews and fills requests for specialized supplies and equipment and ensures timely delivery to specialized units.
- Maintains daily par stock inventory on the nursing units by counting and restocking supply carts and transferring inventory to user departments.
- Monitors inventory and expiration dates, prepares supplies and equipment, and delivers to all areas of the hospital as needed.
- Pulls items from inventory to fill requisitions for user departments.
- Counts, stocks, and restocks supply carts, and transfers inventory to user department.
- Monitors supply expiration dates and replaces as needed.
- Checks inventory and replenishes supply exchange carts as needed and maintains the predetermined par levels for each nursing unit and department.
- Enter and retrieves supply data using automated systems including HAN HELD and Lawson.
- Develops, modifies, prints, and deletes system generated par level sheets, departmental refill requisitions, and exchange cart replenishing sheets.
- Makes scheduled and unscheduled deliveries of supplies to specific departments and/or nursing units.
- Enters data into computer and performs other general clerical duties necessary for organizing, tracking, and controlling incoming and outgoing supplies.
- Cross trains and serves all areas of the Materials Department to provide coordination of services.
- Assists with a total physical inventory count once a year or as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
Minimum 1 year in hospital distribution and supply or related products required.
A high school diploma or equivalency is required.
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
Bon Secours Community Hospital
For nearly a century, Bon Secours Community Hospital in Port Jervis, NY, has served the residents of western Orange County, NY, Pike County, PA, and northern Sussex County, NJ, as the area's premier healthcare provider. The hospital serves its community with 122 beds for acute care and medical-surgical services, a 24-hour emergency department, long-term care and rehabilitation, a dedicated bariatric surgery unit, behavioral health, and outpatient services.