Location: Port Jervis, New York
The Dietary Aide is responsible to prepare and serve food to patients and/or residents at our facilities.
- Fills and sets up dish machine.
- Delivers and organizes floor stocks.
- Dishes out desserts, salads, and nourishments.
- Sets up tray line with necessary dishes, utensils, and supplies.
- Takes and records dishwasher and refrigerator temperatures, and reports deficiencies as needed.
- Picks up trays and tray carts from units, brings to dish room and dismantles.
- Sanitizes dishes and silverware utilizing dishwasher.
- Cleans and sanitizes all food servicing carts.
- Cleans entire dish room.
- Inventories level of dishes and silver, and replaces as necessary.
- Follows sanitary standards per state, federal, and JCAHO standards.
- Reports customer complaints to supervisor.
- Improves performance based on results obtained from QI activities.
- Adjusts to changing situations and work assignments.
- Conserves supplies and resources.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
Prior food services experience preferred.
Education: A high school diploma or GED equivalent is preferred
Other: The individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials.
Bon Secours Community Hospital
For nearly a century, Bon Secours Community Hospital in Port Jervis, NY, has served the residents of western Orange County, NY, Pike County, PA, and northern Sussex County, NJ, as the area's premier healthcare provider. The hospital serves its community with 122 beds for acute care and medical-surgical services, a 24-hour emergency department, long-term care and rehabilitation, a dedicated bariatric surgery unit, behavioral health, and outpatient services.