Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life’s best work.SM
If you reside in the Central, Mountain, or Pacific time zones, you’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Schedule: 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM - Arizona time, 40 hours
Location: Remote in CST, MST, PST
- Consult with customers, members, patients, providers, internal departments and/or external third parties on any or all of the following:
- Consult with and coordinate initial set up and on-going treatment plan for specialty drug patients, including DURs, co-pay assistance, ancillary products
- Scheduling Pharmacist consults and/or RN visits, and liaison with provider offices on labs, refill orders and prior authorizations
- Responsible for outbound calls to patients and prescribers to drive generic/biosimilar conversion opportunities
- Responsible for identifying generic/biosimilar conversion opportunities
- Consult with and coordinate initial set up and on-going treatment plan for specialty drug patients
- Responsible for assisting patients with copay card assistance enrollment
- Responsible for transferring patients to pharmacist on duty to answer any clinical related questions
- Responsible for order creation and some DEX resolution in IRIS
- Responsible for providing status updates to Pharmacist on duty in a timely manner
- Review and advise on medications and treatment plans (based on review of medical case notes, medication list and lab results) to improve outcomes and avoid potential drug interactions
- Discuss with patients life issues affecting medication adherence and provide advice on improving drug regimen compliance
- Advise patients on alternate Rx fill strategies of retail versus mail order and options for financial assistance
- May outreach to providers on suspected medication abuse situations
- Review medication regimen for disease state for LTC facilities/ hospice care / RN case managers / Medical Directors / clients and provide summaries and guidance on future medication plans. Advice may include alternate drug therapies, stopping a medication and/or lower cost alternative
- Review medical case notes to determine on-going medication treatment plan and project future medication costs
- Extensive work experience within own function
- Work is frequently completed without established procedures
- Works independently
- May act as a resource for others
- Applies knowledge/skills to a range of moderately complex activities
- Demonstrates great depth of knowledge/skills in own function
- Sometimes acts as a technical resource to others in own function
- Proactively identifies solutions to non-standard requests
- Works with team to solve complex problems
- Plans, prioritizes, organizes and completes work to meet established objectives
- May coordinate work of other team members
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED (or higher) OR 1+ years of experience as a Pharmacy Technician
- 2+ years of customer service experience
- 2+ years of pharmacy or medical office experience
- 1+ years of experience as a Pharmacy Technician
- Working knowledge of IRIS and Navigator
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Experience working with Microsoft Office products - Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Able to work in a small team environment with consistent/reliable communication
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City, or Washington Residents Only: The hourly range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, Washington or New York City residents is $16.00 to $31.44. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.