Banner Health believes leadership matters, and we look for people who share our vision making health care easier, so life can be better. Our leaders are at the front of the health care transformation, planning the future of Banner Health.
We want you to bring your passion for leading a team that provides a clean, sanitize and safe environment to Banner! At Banner Thunderbird our Environmental Services team is a high performing, close knit and diverse group of men and women. As an Environmental Services Supervisor , you will be an important part of the overall patient experience. This is a key position for supervision. You will lead a team and provide a clean and sanitary environment for our patients, visitors, and staff. You will be ensuring that proper infection control and safety procedures are followed.
This is a full time salaried/exempt position for the night shift and weekends will be required. Previous EVS experience in a hospital/clinical setting is necessary for this position.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Nonprofit Banner Thunderbird Medical Center opened its doors in 1983 and has been growing ever since to meet the health care needs of the communities it serves in northwest metropolitan Phoenix. Today, the 555-bed hospital - one of the largest hospitals in the state - is annually ranked as one of the top hospitals in the Phoenix metropolitan area by US News & World Report and enjoys a reputation as the preferred provider of care to children and adults in the area in consumer preference surveys. The tertiary care hospital provides everything from routine to advanced, specialized care to both adult and pediatric patients. Specialized services include cardiology, orthopedic surgery, pediatrics, neurosurgery, robotic surgery, stroke care and a women and infants services program. Additionally, in partnership with top-ranked MD Anderson Cancer Center, Banner Thunderbird also offers state-of-the-art cancer care. Banner Thunderbird is certified as a Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center and features a 35-bed Level III neonatal intensive care unit that cares for babies of high-risk pregnancies and those born prematurely. Banner Thunderbird is also home to the only pediatric intensive care unit for seriously ill or injured children in the area. If you would like to contribute to truly leading edge caring, we invite you to bring your experience and skills to Banner Thunderbird.
POSITION SUMMARY This position supervises operational, technical, and personnel activities associated with Environmental Services. Manages department use of labor, supplies, vendors, inventory levels and other controllables within budget guidelines while assuring optimal service to all clinical and non-clinical departments within the hospital/facility.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Supervises all Environmental Services personnel and daily work in assigned areas throughout medical center campuses and other associated buildings in an effective, efficient manner that enhances service levels while providing appropriate control of expense budgets, staffing and the effectual resolution of interdepartmental and personnel problems. Processes and maintains records of accounts payable, supplies received, equipment maintenance, and other department business.
2. Maintains a competent and motivated staff through appropriate selection, scheduling, training, coaching, evaluating, and terminating of personnel. Maintains department records relating to personnel matters and in-service education.
3. Performs daily patient rounding and inspection of assigned areas to assure hospital standards for cleanliness are met. Works in conjunction with infection control department to meet all standards. Provides education and ensures staff compliance with all hospital safety and regulatory guidelines.
4. Schedules special projects and monitors equipment and furniture moves for all hospital departments; tracks inventories and movements in computer software program. Coordinates services for major housekeeping requests, such as construction planning, event planning, and all emergency-related facility responses.
5. Works with patients, nurses, physicians, department leaders and other professional and non-professional staff members regarding environmental services requests, infection prevention, service resolution opportunities, and other interdepartmental matters. Provides timely follow-up for information to requesting departments. Communicates and consults with management in other facilities on best practices.
6. Makes recommendations, devises, plans and implements, procedures, and enforces department policies and procedures in conjunction with leadership. May perform the functions of the staff.
7. Departmental/facility responsibility. Internal customers are other staff, physicians, patients, visitors, managers, and executives. External customers are patients, visitors, vendors, other company facilities, and non-company medical facilities. This position provides input and has involvement in system/facility taskforce/committees.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Some facilities or departments, depending on business need, may require proof of a valid driver's license and eligibility for coverage under the company auto insurance policy.
Requires the skills, knowledge and abilities typically gained over three or more years of diversified healthcare or similar institutional Environmental Services experience, including extensive knowledge of leadership, staff training, customer service, computerized staffing and inventory principles and practices. Effective organizational, communication, and human relations skills are necessary. Must have a thorough working knowledge of floor care maintenance (hard floors and carpets) and the machinery and chemicals used. Must demonstrate thorough knowledge of patient care area and room cleaning, as well as surgical suite terminal cleaning as defined by established standards. Must possess knowledge of hazardous waste procedures and regulations, Standard Precautions, and JCAHO standards on Infection Control and Environment of Care. The ability to research and compile statistical reports and to compute basic mathematical calculations is essential. Employees working at the Boswell Skilled Nursing Facility must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Two or more years of experience at a supervisory level is preferred. Intermediate word processing, spreadsheet and/or database software skills are preferred. Previous successful experience conducting job training, and focus on continual quality and service improvement is strongly preferred. Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.