MDS Coordinator Licensed Practical Nurse AdventHealth Care Center Orlando East
4501 Waterman Way, Tavares FL 32778
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Care Center Orlando East
AdventHealth Care Center’s mission to “Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ”
The opportunity and encouragement to truly care for and love the patients/residents they serve
The opportunity to work with like-minded co-workers who believe and support the organization’s mission
The patient-centric focus of meeting the needs of the patient/residents
Being part of a large healthcare organization where we can be “Greater as a Whole”
You Will be Responsible For:
· Knowledge of federal, state, and local government regulations and legislation and their impact on health care service.
· Knowledge of the Minimum Data Set, Resource Utilization Groups (RUGs), Triggers, Care Area Assessment (CAAs), Plan of Care, Discharge Plan, Skilling Criteria, and documentation requirement per regulations and legislation.
· Reviews resident referral information from a variety of sources.
· Assist Director with look back periods and informing the interdisciplinary team regarding changes in the look back periods for the MDS completion including the “significant change” MDS.
· Assist Director with the MDS team on look back periods and informs the interdisciplinary team regarding changes in the look back periods for the MDS completion including the “significant change” MDS.
· Assist Director with the admission RUG category for payment for the initial five-day medical MDS in collaboration with the Admission designee and the MDS team
What You Will Need:
· Current Basic Life Support (CPR) certification from a certified instructor requiring live return demonstration, such as the American Heart Association is preferred, and required to be obtained within the first 30 days after employment
· Current Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) license in the state practicing
· MDS Certification by the American Association of Nursing Assessment Coordinators (AANAC) or the equivalent is preferred or must be obtained within 90 days of employment
Works independently to coordinate, audit and oversee functions of the Minimum Data Set (MDS)
and resident care analysis process to assure compliance with federal and state requirements, and to certify timely completion of MDS analysis. Monitors the assignment of residents to Resource Utilization Groups (RUGs) and the payment periods associated with the MDS schedules. Develops and maintains on-going MDS schedules for each resident. Uses independent judgment and decision making in analyzing residents' physical and mental function and documents data on minimum data set forms
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.