Our Mission is to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Employees are hired to help Adventist Health System extend the healing ministry of Christ. They are expected to exhibit a continuous behavior of professionalism, which includes but is not limited to, treating customers and co-workers with respect and dignity, aligning behavior with customer service principles, maintaining customer and patient confidentiality, abiding by employee guidelines for professional behavior, appearance, and communication, exhibiting teamwork behaviors, being effective in conflict resolution, helping others to understand issues and accept changes, demonstrating high standards of work performance and flexibility, maintaining positive interdepartmental relationships, keeping a positive attitude, and adhering to the policies and procedures of the organization.
The Admissions Specialist facilitates the hospice admission process by interacting and collaborating with a broad range of healthcare professionals and community referral sources as well as patients and families. He/She collects, assimilates, completes and records demographic, financial, and clinical information relating to hospice referrals and admissions. He/She assists in the assignment of Admissions staff to ensure timely admission response. The Admission Specialist is responsible for data collection and monthly reports for benchmarking and productivity. The Admission Specialist reports to the Admission Coordinator.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Take referral information
Input referral data into system
Understanding End of Life issues and care
Scheduling and assigning staff to meet the needs
Documenting accurate all admission info from insurance to Dx
Customer service skills
Saturday, Sunday, Monday, 8 hour shifts
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Community referral sources
Medicare Dx criteria for eligibility
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
Medical insurance billing
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
High School graduate or GED
2 yearsÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ experience in the health care field
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
Associate degree in business, office systems, health care or related field
ICD 10 coding
Hospice or Home Health intake experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
ICD 10 coding
FACILITY SPECIFIC SECTION
1. Exhibits ICARE values and SHARE skills in all interpersonal contacts. Establishes and maintains courteous, tactful and professional level of interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively with customers and populations served, including:
External business associates
2. Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills; maintains required level of confidentiality; interacts effectively with employees at all levels.
3. Conforms to all Adventist Health System and Florida Hospital Ormond Memorial policies and procedures including but not limited to:
Rules of Conduct as outlined in the Ã¢â‚¬Å“Guidelines for EmployeesÃ¢â‚¬Â handbook
4. Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO, and observes department call-in procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks.
5. Attends/participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required (including but not limited to: annual education, safety training, etc.). Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security, disaster procedure regulations and National Patient Safety Goals as presented in orientation, outlined in safety manual, and as pertains to each work area.
6. Supports departmental and organizational Mission through:
Appropriate use of resources
Providing assistance to team members
Accepting work or schedule assignments
Participating in process and performance improvement as required
7. Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e., disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or position is covered by incoming personnel. This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination.
Time management skills
Critical thinking skills
This position description reflects the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The responsibilities listed may be subject to change at any time and individuals may be asked to perform duties outside of their regular responsibilities to support the ongoing operations of Adventist Health System and its facilities
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.