Providence is calling an Activity Coordinator (Recreational Therapy Dept, On Call, Variable Shift, 0.0 FTE) to Providence Mother Joseph Care Center in Olympia, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Additional information: This is an on-call position. Must be 21 years of age. Food Workers card must be obtained within 30 days of hire. Schedule ranges from 7:30 am to 5:00 pm with weekend availability required - Special events time vary, for instance the Annual Resident Family Picnic may run as late as 7:30pm.
In this position you will:
- Interview residents/patients or other resources to assess and evaluate physical, social, emotional, and cognitive and leisure functions.
- Work directly with patient/resident in developing individualized treatment plan with goals based on assessment and consistent with state and federal guidelines.
- Integrate information collected for use in planning program and developing a unit calendar for resident/patient needs and interests monthly.
- Organize and implement daily activities for group and individuals according to monthly calendar and the resident/patient treatment plan.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- A valid Washington State driver's license and have access to daily use of an insured reliable vehicle or an alternate ability to travel to sites as required
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- 1 year experience working with a diverse population with physical and cognitive disabilities, in a skilled nursing facility, assisted living, or Alzheimer center
- Familiarity with fundamental principles of teaching and learning in individual or group situations
- Upon hire will be required to obtain a validWashington State Food Workers Card
- Be 21 years of age or older
About the skilled nursing facility you will serve.
Providence Mother Joseph Care Center in Olympia, Washington serves people of all ages and faiths. Our Transitional Care Unit is designed for patients coming out of the hospital who need skilled nursing care, end of life care, or rehabilitation for those recovering from surgery or who have a functional loss from illness, disease, or an accident. Our Long Term Care unit provides skilled nursing in a residential setting, addressing the needs of our residents through creating a sense of community and home in "neighborhoods" and providing a model of care that is resident-centered.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Patient Services
Req ID: 151275