Providence is calling a Nursing Supervisor (Transitional Care Dept, Day Shift, 1.0 FTE) to Providence Mother Joseph Care Center in Olympia, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Conduct assessments, evaluate, plan, and implement services rendered to participants/residents/patients/clients. Create and maintain a unit work environment that promotes and fosters primary care.
- Direct unit staff. Ensure work schedules reflect appropriate staffing for current census levels. Work with others to solve participants/residents/patient/clients service problems, initiate and follow-up on staff development, conduct Nursing Assistant performance evaluations and recommends corrective action when necessary.
- Oversee the Restorative and Functional Maintenance programs.
- Work with Admission/Discharge LNs to coordinate and communicate new admissions, in-house transfers (if applicable), and assist in discharge planning, as needed.
- Assist with interviews and oversee floor orientation of new licensed staff and other team members with assistance from Nurse Manger and Human Resources.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Must possess current Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse license in the State of Washington.
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification or must obtain within 30 days of hire.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Minimum of one (1) year Long Term Care (LTC) supervisory experience
About the skilled nursing facility you will serve.
Providence Mother Joseph Care Center in Olympia, Washington serves people of all ages and faiths. Our Transitional Care Unit is designed for patients coming out of the hospital who need skilled nursing care, end of life care, or rehabilitation for those recovering from surgery or who have a functional loss from illness, disease, or an accident. Our Long Term Care unit provides skilled nursing in a residential setting, addressing the needs of our residents through creating a sense of community and home in "neighborhoods" and providing a model of care that is resident-centered.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Long Term/Transitional Care Nursing
Req ID: 151133