Providence is calling a Registered Nurse House Supervisor - Sub Acute Care Center ( Full Time / Night Shift ) from 11pm to 7 am to Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center San Pedro in San Pedro, CA.
Click for virtual tour of SACC at https://youtu.be/OtNfQ_ZTBz8
The Sub Acute Care Center is a 125 bed licensed facility accredited by the Department of Health Services. It is one of the largest facilities in California providing care to ventilator and tracheostomy patients. Our goal is to create an environment which will minimize further disease progress, aid in preserving stability of the patient, and return to the highest level of function or independence.
In this position you will:
- In coordination with the unit manager, oversee the daily/shift workflow, staffing, orientation, training, and developing of employees.
- Promote and support a collaborative team approach in providing care.
- Be the liaison for the unit and provide physicians, families, college affiliates and ancillary departments with direction and/or assistance as needed.
- Support and interpret policies, procedures, philosophy and objectives of the facility.
- Respond appropriately to patients and families with knowledge of age specific needs based on scope of service of unit/department where assigned (Young Adult through Geriatric).
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current unencumbered California (CA) Registered Nurse ( RN ) license
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers from the American Heart Association (AHA)
- One year recent experience as a manager OR three years clinical charge nurse experience in a skilled TCU/Sub-Acute/Long Term Care facility
- Strong knowledge base or experience in administrative, managerial and teaching/coaching skills
- Ability to work varied shifts
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor Degree in Nursing ( BSN )
- 1 Year Manager experience strongly preferred
About the hospital you will serve:
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center San Pedro is a 356-bed nonprofit hospital serving the Harbor and greater South Bay communities since 1925. We are proud of providing the South Bay with high-quality medical care and compassionate service by offering a comprehensive array of medical services distinguished by innovation, quality, and excellence.
Our accomplishments include the California Hospital Assessment and Reporting Taskforce (CHART) "Certificate of Excellence" for receiving superior or above average results across the majority of outcomes and process measures publicly reported by CHART, as well as, ranking in the top 10% of over 240 hospitals compared by California Healthcare Foundation. In addition, we were the first location in the South Bay to carry the Gold Seal of Approval® from The Joint Commission for Primary Stroke Centers.
As a member of Providence Health & Services, we are continually driven by the caring tradition of our heritage – the foundation of our Mission and core values – to embrace respect, compassion, justice, excellence, and stewardship. Today, Providence Health & Services celebrates unprecedented growth, recognition for top quality health care, a vibrant employee culture where new ideas are encouraged, and a drive to help the underprivileged - all with an eye toward the future.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Supervisory / Management
Location: California-San Pedro
Req ID: 138205