Providence is calling a Dietary Aide to the Dietary Department at Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center in Kodiak, AK.
Under direct supervision the Dietary Aide performs food service duties to include food assembly and preparation following food safety and sanitation guidelines. In addition this position cleans assigned areas, assists in maintaining organization and food inventory levels, and provides customer service for our patients, residents and cafeteria customers.
In this position, you will:
- Perform food service duties inclusive of patient tray assembly, conforming exactly to the diet needs' ordered.
- Prepare cold food items, snacks and dessert items and nourishment for care center residents, patients, employees and visitors.
- Assist the Dietary cooks in food preparation as well as cooking various foods.
- Prepare nutritious and appealing food items, adjusting recipes as needed to assure adequate amount of food is made available while minimizing waste.
- Cleans all food contact areas and cooking utensils ascertaining cleanliness and proper sanitation relative to and in compliance with the HACCP standards.
- Sweep and mop the work, dining, storage areas as well as the coolers and freezers daily.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Certification in food safety and sanitation required or the ability to obtain within 90 days of date of hire.
- Regular attendance is a requirement.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts during all hours of operation, seven (7) days per week, including weekends and holidays.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience is preferred.
About the ministry you will serve:
Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center (PKIMC) provides comprehensive health care to residents and visitors to Kodiak Island. This critical access hospital features 25 acute beds including 4 birthing suites and 2 ICU beds. Rated #1 in the Providence System for patient satisfaction, we work closely with the interdisciplinary team to assure quality treatment and outcomes for our patients. In addition, our Elder House has 19 long term care beds. With emphasis on evidence based practice our staff strives to create a quality health care experience for each patient- one focused on trust, respect, communication and teamwork. We proudly support the educational development of staff and provide onsite career development for staff members.
For more information on the ministry you will serve, please click on the following link: http://providence-kodiakhealthcare.jobs/
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Food Service
Req ID: 150506